Lowest Prices Online FREE Shipping on All Orders Quick Delivery 100% Safe and Secure Shopping
Emed Stores does not work directly with any insurance companies. We cannot bill them for you, nor can we accept insurance as payment. Our customers pay for their equipment up front and seek reimbursement on their own. Each insurance company has their own eligibility requirements and we recommend that you contact your carrier for specific details.
General Guidelines for Medicare
Medicare typically reimburses up to 80% of the cost of the item (excluding liftchairs-only the motors in the chair are reimbursed). Your secondary carrier will usually cover the remaining 20%.
Renting vs. Owning
Medicare guidelines state that patients must rent most medical equipment for a period of 13-36 months before they actually own it. This includes hospital beds, mattresses, wheelchairs, oxygen, hoyer lifts and many other items. Often times, the cost to rent the equipment exceeds the cost to purchase it. For this reason, many of our customers choose to purchase these items on their own.